Wire Harness Copywriting Terms of Service
Much of what you'll read below will be a part of our working contract. But I wanted to be clear on how this business is managed. And I wanted to elaborate on a few things that will be stated elsewhere other than the working contract. Thanks for your patience.
See the Wire Harness Copywriting Standard Copywriting Agreement for the general wording of the working contract. Your actual contract will be somewhat different.
If we have a verbal or email agreement to work together, I'll ask for 15 - 20 minutes of your time to answer preliminary working knowledge questions about your company and the project. Afterwards, I'll prepare three documents for you:
A Creative Brief
This will reflect some of your answers back to you, in regard to our conversation about your project and company.
The basic scope of your project will be included as well.
Project Terms and Agreement
This document will briefly outline the basic terms of our agreement (such as project fee, payments terms, deadlines, and results).
This is the full legal agreement between Wire Harness Copywriting and [Your Business]. This will cover more minute details, such as:
Information on payments and receipts, revision agreements, client and copywriter responsibilities, and legal agreement language.
It will also re-state the expected results, my guarantee, and project terms. This longer agreement can be sent to your legal department for review.
Between all three documents ...
Found in all three documents, you'll find the following details:
- A detailed description of the goals for the project.
- How Wire Harness Copywriting service will specifically meet each goal.
- A word-count range or approximate length (i.e., an article that’s 1,000 to 1,500 words or a brochure that’s three-to-four pages).
- Your project deadline — the date and time the completed project will be delivered. Special notes on names and contact numbers for any other stakeholders in the loop of this project, as well as any other details not covered.
- The number of revisions included in the fee.
- Payment method options and when payment is due.
- The best way for the client to contact me if there are questions.
- When and how the client will receive a payment transaction receipt.
- What will happen if you cancel the work requested after payment has been made, but before the project has been completed.
- The extra costs and consequences that will incur if you have an additional request that goes beyond the terms outlined in the contract.
Other items about my workflow
- I'll return phone messages and emails within 24 hours.
- I'll stipulate in our contracts when I can begin working on your project.
- Before I can give you a quote, I want to spend 20 minutes with you on the phone (or you can fill out a questionnaire and email it to me).
- Please understand that I can't give you a written quote, including the Creative Brief, Project Terms and Agreement, and Copywriting Agreement, unless we can have that conversation or I've received your questionnaire.
- I'll deliver your quote within 48 hours from the time the questionnaire is complete.
Thanks for reading! If you'd like more information about me, please visit the About page and Services and Fees page. The FAQ page is there to answer any questions that aren't covered. Contact me if you'd like to hire me.